Saturday, December 5, 2009

Any moms or dads have children in gymnastic or ballet?

I have a 4 1/2 daughter thats been wanting to join ballet or gymnastics. The thing is I feel she would do better in gymnastics since she will be ready for cheerleading later on. I know thats a while away and she could change her mind on not wanting to cheerlead. So my question is should I wait till she is 5 or 6 to start her or is it better now ? Is $55. a month a lot for 4 classes. I just dont want to be putting my money out if its still to young. What about ballet and tap?



Any moms or dads have children in gymnastic or ballet?oper



i would NEVER let my kids do ballet!



thee legs get arched out and they'll look weird when they walk



so many girls at my shool did ballet when they were younger and hate their legs and have stopped ballet once they realized they wont get anywhere with ballet



there soo many ofther dance classes t build poise andmuscle that will be fun!



Any moms or dads have children in gymnastic or ballet?hollywood theater opera theater



I would try the gymnastics now, or even better you could get her into some sort of dance class. I agree with the first answer, Ballet can sometimes ruin a kids legs and posture.
My daughter is now 5 and in ballet and she had taken gymnastic lessons. Personally I was most impressed with dance. She has alot of fun and it teaches her to follow instruction and it does help her to be more graceful (that is as graceful as a 4/5 yr old can be) She also stretches alot and she works on her splits balance etc. I found gymnastics to be a bit disappointing. There were girls that were a bit older in her class and they seemed to get a lot more from it. But my daughter and the younger girls didn't get as much from it. She had fun, which made me happy, but I was not happy with the money I spent for her just to have fun. And just as a side note - my daughter has good coordination and its not like I expected miracles but I think she was too young. So I say go for dance. Look for someone who teaches yet wants th girls to have fun (at 4/5 yr old it should be fun). Hope this helped.
my daughter did gymnasticas when she was 4 - 8 and now shes 13 and in cheerleading and my youngest is 3 and in ballet and now she want to do gymnastics so i'd say gymnastic's.
I think you should have her do something she enjoys doing. Maybe getting her started in one of those classes might actually change her mind... or maybe she'll be a natural and want to continue it as she gets older. Does she want to do cheerleading? I do think that exposure to some gymnastics might help her out for cheerleading in the long run. The biggest thing I would be concerned about is if she is enjoying the sport at the time.
put her in either one if you're doing it so she can get some exercise, try something new, and have fun. don't do it if it's to get her ready for cheerleading or anything else that she may have no interest in whatsoever down the road. keep the pressure off. just try it for a session, and if it's not fun, try something else. (even if it is fun, try something else periodically. kids need to try lots of things to find their own passions). 4 isn't too young to enjoy a class that's developmentally appropriate. just make sure it's geared towards having fun rather than perfecting a somersault or third position.
What if she doesn't WANT to get into cheerleading later? Are you going to plan out your daughter's entire life for her or is she going to be able to live it herself eventually?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter