Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm thinking of going into Ballet and........?

I would like to know what kind of streaches to do. I have taken Ballet before for about three years accually. But its been about three or four years since I was in it. So please help.



I'm thinking of going into Ballet and........?



Like someone else said, you will most likely do a lot of stretches in class, but you can... do your splits, do a backbend, sit in butterfly position and put your head to your feet, put both legs out in front of you, point your feet and try to put your chest and head down on your legs. idk... pretty much anything you can think to stretch, you'll need to stretch for ballet. good luck!!



I'm thinking of going into Ballet and........?opera mobile opera theater



well.. u guys will be stretching alot in class so u wont have to worry too much about it



just do a reallly thorough full body stretch tho before u go i suppose
When I was in ballet it helped to stretch your calfs before class or walk around on your tip toes for a while at home or something. I always had tight calfs and this helped for class but most stretching is done at beginning of class.
One good way to get your arabesque higher is to stand with your back against a smooth surface (a door is fine) and bend over. Lift whichever leg into a pose (pronounced pah-SAY) and then arabesque. Push as close to the door as you can (without bending or turning in your leg.) Make sure that your standing leg stays firm and turned out. It also has to be straight (no cheating!) I do this everyday and my arabesque has become noticeably higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter