Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm 16, I'm thinking about doing Ballet, I have some questions?

Okay well first of all:



1) Am I too old to start? I don't want to be professional, I just want to do it for fun. I think ballet is beautiful and I would love to be a part of that! I also like figure skating and I know it's good to do ballet for that (although I'm not very good, If you knew me you'd know that I'm not athletic at all, I got a D+ in gym last quarter haha).



2) Do they have beginners classes for people my age? I wouldn't want to be with a ton of 5 year-olds.



3) Can I choose not to do a recital? I know most places teach you and have a few recitals per year showing what you've learned, but I wouldn't want to do it in front of a bunch of strangers, I'd just want to learn for myself and for fun.



Thanks so much! :)



I'm 16, I'm thinking about doing Ballet, I have some questions?city opera



1) It is absolutely not too late! I am turning 17 this saturday, but I started ballet when I was 14 (yes, a little younger but still "old" in the ballet world) and I am on pointe now! Especially if you are just doing it for yourself, what matters most is having fun, and being the best you can be. That is possible at any age.



2)They do, many studios have teen beginner classes, and others will have open adult classes for beginners, which you can take on a drop in basis which leads me to....



3) You don't have to do a recital if you don't want to. Especially if you take open classes as mentioned above, those classes are pure barre and center exercises, since they technically are not a series, there is no long term combination such as one you would find in a youth ballet series class. Even if you don't choose to go the open class route, your teacher shouldn't force you to do anything you are not comfortable doing, and if you don't want to dance in a recital, she probably would not make you. But who knows...performing is an amazing experience and by then you may want to!



Hoped this helped!



One more thought-- there are people a year older than me at my studio who are not on pointe, so don't worry about that unless you plan to go to a pre-professional school (which doesn't sound like it would meet your needs). From your description it sounds like you might want to look for a smaller studio.



I'm 16, I'm thinking about doing Ballet, I have some questions?performing shows opera theater



not sure
1) no i dont think so. especially if its only for fun.



2) yeah you could look for a studio that offers adult/teen beginner classes



3) it depends on the studio. most have one per year btw, not a few. and about the strangers, theyre usually family and friends of the ppl at the studio. but they cant force u to do something u really dont want to.



hope i helped:)
for question



1) no you are not i do ballet i am on point and you can start at any age and still be with your own age group.



2)yes they do



3) my classes you can but i guess it depens on the teacher but i'm pretty sure if you tell them you don't want to they will probebly respect that



ok i hope i help and good luck!
1) most 16 year olds would be doing point work. I do think you are a bit too old.



2) I don't think so. Most beginner classes are for younger kids. Ranging from 4-8.



3) Probably not, b/c from doing performances you can learn from your mistakes. Also half of the semester is taken up to learn dances for the recital. The other half helps you build strength by using the bar and improves your technique.



Instead of taking classes, i suggest that in the summer you can go to either a dancing or figure skating camp.



hope this helps!
1. No your not to old to start ballet. My cousin is 17 turning 18 soon and she just barly started ballet. So your not to old there might even be people your age to. And if not have a friend do it with you, its fun.



2. You would probably be in level 2, and thats a bunch of older kids were i went at least.



3. And you can choose to be and not to be in a recital, all you have to do is tell your teacher.
1) no you are not. i am 15 and this is my first year dancing with my highschool poms team who won 4th in the state of colorado. also one of the best dance teachers in the area didnt start until she was 20 and got into julliard.



2) yes they do, but it depends on some studios. Some studios dont have an age requirement or a lot of little girls just happen to all go to the same place.



3) well if you take ballet TECHNIQUE classes than you dont do dance recitals but either than that..idk
OK THE ONLY THING YOU WILL LACK AND WILL PROBLY NEVER BE AS GOOD AS A GIRL WHOS BEEN DANCCEIN SICNE SHE WAS 2 IS FLEXABILITY AND THATS KEY AND IF YOU HAVE COMCACST GO ON ON DEMANED AND DO DANCE NO THERE WILL BE NO SCOOL OR CLASS IF YOU ONLY WHANT IT FOR FUN SORRY :( BUT IF YOU LOOK UP ON EBAY GET A NEW PAIR OF POINE SHOSE (IF YOPU DONT KNOW THATS WHAT THEY WERE LOL) SO YEA YOUR PROB LIKE OMG WHO DOSE THIS GIRL THINK SHE IS A DANCER FOR 13 YEARS :0
1. Your never too old to start!



2. Well, most 16 year olds I know are on pointe. I know of a few who choose not to go on Pointe. Try and see if the studio has adult begginner ballet classes.



3. You might want to consider summer classes. Because, they will assume you will be apart of the recital, and if you don't show up, how can they dance. You can be somebodys que or something.
1) no you can start dancing at any age! I actually got my 5th grade teacher to do ballet and she loves it =D



2)yes they should have adult classes.



3) it all depends on the studio. most require you to do a recital but some don't. recitals are really fun though =]]



really hope this helps and good luck!



have fun



=D
1) Never to late to start! Just continue in doing your best! I know dis ballerina who's 55 already but is still doing a great job at it! :D



2)In our school, yes, actually in our school, a lot of teenagers almost your age(like 14,15,17,18) are starting ballet as well.



3)In our school, yes, you don't have to do a recital if you dont want to.



Good Luck, and just have fun with it!!! :D
1st your not to old to do ballet



2nd it depends on the teacher



3rd without recital you will not increase your confidence and you will not be transtered to higher class

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter