Saturday, December 5, 2009

I think I lock my knees when I practice ballet but I can't figure out if I rly do?

When I straighten my leg for like tendus for example. My leg looks straight and pretty but I'm afraid that I'm locking my knees which I hear is bad. I'm not sure if it is bad because my legs look like all the other ballerinas which seems good. And what is locked knees exactly. what does it feel like so I can tell if I am. A lot of questions I know but I'm serious about ballet so I'd definetly like to know if I'm doing it right. Btw if it matters at all I'm 14 and just started ballet lol I know OLD!



%26lt;3 Ana



I think I lock my knees when I practice ballet but I can't figure out if I rly do?performing arts show



Locking the knee and why is it bad: bad for your joint and bad for the speed. Locking the knee means you're straightening the leg as far as it will go, plus you're tensing up the muscles on the front part of the leg a lot, so your knee almost bends the other way (if you're flexible) just very slightly. You can feel what it means if you try to walk a couple of steps on comlpetely straight legs. Bad for the joint, because it's not designed to bend so much. Bad for the speed, because in order for you to bend your knee for the next move you need to relax those muscles first, and only then start with the move.



I think I lock my knees when I practice ballet but I can't figure out if I rly do?opera cd opera theater



Well ... what does your ballet teacher say?



That's the main reason you wear tights to class, so your teacher can correct your body
When your knees are locked you will feel as though a little more of your weight is shifted over your knee toward your toes. Your thigh will also be shifted more over your knee. Generally you will know if your knees are locked because they will feel stiff and tense that way. IF you think your knee is locked just conciously bend your knee a tiny bit and then stand as you are comfortable.
When I straighten my leg for like tendus for example. My leg looks straight and pretty but I'm afraid that I'm locking my knees which I hear is bad. I'm not sure if it is bad because my legs look like all the other ballerinas which seems good. And what is locked knees exactly. what does it feel like so I can tell if I am. A lot of questions I know but I'm serious about ballet so I'd definetly like to know if I'm doing it right. Btw if it matters at all I'm 14 and just started ballet lol I know OLD!
I just started Ballet I at my University. I've never taken Ballet before.



Our class has fifteen women and three men. The ages range from eighteen to seventy-eight.



Personally, I've never tried Ballet before, and i'm in my mid 40's.



Good luck with those knees.



-EN-
locking yr knee is not bad, thats what yr supposed 2 do! its kinda hard 2 explain but say if u were standing in first position, yea yr legs r straight but if u can move this muscle in yr knee yr knee caps appear 2 move up, yr legs become even closer together, and they appear even straighter! u no that feeling u get in yr foot and ankle when yr pointing as hard as u can and u know yr foot can't point any harder? well thats how yr knee feels when yr locking it. as long as yr leg isn't bent you'll do fine! just try not 2 worry about it, if yr legs look like the other ballerinas and yr teacher dosn't say anything about it then yr doing absolutly nothing wrong. good luck w/ ballet and never quit! 14 nots 2 old, don't worry
locking your knees isn't always bad my dance teacher always gets onto me for NOT locking mine your knees will feel tense and if you're on releve` your calves will start to burn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter