Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm 19 years old, too late to start ballet?

I started ballet from when I was 6 until I was 13. I gave up because my parents wanted me to focus more on academics and the girls at my Dancing School were not very nice.



If I start ballet again now, will my feet go crazy, and will I ever get en pointe?



I'm 19 years old, too late to start ballet?performing arts



Well, I dropped ballet in grade school. Took it up again at University as a PE class. Did great -- took two semesters of dance. Didn't pick up en pointe. But, I think you can.



My kiddie ballet teacher wasn't very nice. The lady at the University thought I was a wonderful ballerina. Go figure.



I



I'm 19 years old, too late to start ballet?binoculars opera theater



try it
It shouldnt be too late!!! I know some 20 year old dancers!
Yes, you can start now. You'll probably pick up on all the steps quicker cause your oldler. You might remember some things from when you were 13. Yes I'd go for it.
You should try it. It will be hard, but definetly do it.
If you want to... do it and rock it!



Sure, It'll be hard, but if you like doing it, it'll be fine.



Plus, Its good exercise =]
7 years is a lot of experience! you'll be surprised when you get into class how much you'll remember, the moves will FEEL the same! if the studio you choose to attend puts you in a regular teen class, i think you stand a good chance of starting pointe. if you enroll in an adult class, i'd talk to the teacher to see if that's an option they are willing to pursue with you. if nothing else, its great exercise!
you should start again if you want to. its never too late. you probably wont make it to profaessional, but you can definitely still dance. if you work hard, you could even get on pointe. Basically it all depends on how strong your feet are. My mom started taking adult classes at my studio like 9 years ago, and she went onto pointe 2 years later. If you alreadt did ballet for 7 years before, you have a great chance of getting on pointe. just find a good studio near you and take as many classes as possible. make sure that you're doing excercises to strenghtn your ankles as well. using a thera band (with pretty ood resistance) write the alphabet with your foot. in CAPS and lower case letters. also make sure that you're doing plenty of releves at home. try doing at least 50 on one leg to both sides at least once or twice a day.
i thinks you wont be able to be pro but you can do it for fun, pro people take ballet non stop, i have taken ballet for 5 or 6 years and i still suck. you might be able to go on pointe talk to a dance teacher
Go for it! I think you should start out in regular ballet just to remember some steps and positions and things. Then if you wanted to, move on to pointe. I've heard that the shoes for pointe hurt your feet but I want to try it.
if you really want to do it go for it! there's nothing stopping you. its never too late to start dancing!
Well since you've done it before I guess it would be fine if you started up again.
It's never too late. Plus you already have experience. I found a web site that is great for those who want to get back into ballet. Here's the link:



http://www.squidoo.com/learnballetonline

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter