Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I select a Ballet slipper that will suit my needs?

Having purchased everything I need for my first ballet lesson I starting to think that I may have purchased a pair that are unsuitble for my needs. I stuck with a well known brand Capezio, as I am only a beginner starting my first lessons the Capezio Juliet canvas split sole were recomended to me as I would have a better feel of were my feet are position but the more I research into which pair would be most suited to a beginner the more I feel I have chosen the wrong pair as there are so many variable support, etc, etc. Can anybody give a simple understanding of what pair I should be starting out in.



How do I select a Ballet slipper that will suit my needs?theatre tickets



I'vedanced for 22 years, and working in dance retail put me through college. For an older dancer (like, above the age of nine...)I always suggest a split sole.The Capezio Juliet is a great shoe. I personally don't like canvas, but the Juliet has a nice profile. Its also available in leather, but there are people who swear by canvas, its just a matter of personal preference. Cnavas does wear out much quicker thanleather, so if you decide you want to try a new style afterward, you won't be stuck with them forever. Generally speaking though,I think you'll be pleased with them.



How do I select a Ballet slipper that will suit my needs?opera house opera theater



You have the right pair already. Since you are a beginner, you really need a sense of where your feet are, so the ones you have are perfect. Once you have learned how it feels to be in each position, and where your feet need to be, then you can move onto some other slippers.
you may want to try out whole soles, instead of split soles. but otherwise, capezio is a great brad, that should work just fine :]



good luck!
split sole canvas are great, because you'll be able to "feel the floor" more [a term you'll learn sooner or later] and it also gives you flexibilty in the shoe as well as support. i personally use bloch canvas split sole.. so you definitely have the perfect shoe. you might also want to sew elastics on the shoe like an x over your shoe if you havent already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter