Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm fourteen and wondering, can I still take ballet?

I'm fourteen, and I just wondering if it was too late for me to start taking ballet. I've always wanted to as long as I can remember but Iv'e always been busy with my family. I don't want to do ballet professionally when I'm older, So I was just wondering if I could still take it.



*Anise



I'm fourteen and wondering, can I still take ballet?comedy club



No, it's not too late for you to start taking ballet. Just try to find classes for beginners in your age range at local dance studios, so you don't feel too out of place. :)



I'm fourteen and wondering, can I still take ballet?sheet music opera theater



There are schools that accept students at any age.
Ofcourse you can! At the dance studio that i take dance at even adults can take dance lessons.
yes, it isn't too late. go for it.s
You are never too old.
yes you can.



just need to find a class that accepts applicants in you age range. you might have to start with younger girls so you can get the basics down.



good luck, its never too late!
Of course you can!! Just follow what your heart says and do it!
Of course you can- at any age!



They even have beginner ballet classes for adults!



Go for it!!!
yes of course. i want a relationship.15
Yeah, if you have the money..they will take you!



note* my friend took ballet and she was 110 pounds..they thought she was too big! so see what they look for before you join!
Yes you should be able to but keep in mind that you will be in classs with girls that have several years experience.



Try calling around and see who has an older, beginner class.



GOOD LUCK.
I seen no reason at all for you not to start ballet. You will have a lot of catching up. If you work hard and practice often you can be in point by the age of 17. Its not easy but if you find a get teacher, you will be great at it. Good Luck.
Not only you can, but you should! Age does not matter. You can go to ballet at any age, as long as you really want to do that. But it is hard work. So if you are ready, do not wait another minute! Have fund and enjoy it!
Yes. There are schools that accept students at any age. I've always wanted to take ballet as well. Good luck!
Of course you still have the option of taking ballet; dance, like music, can be studied at any age. Since this is not really my area of expertice I can't tell you where, but my sister (who is now a junior in college and has been taking ballet most of her life) has met a number of people who just took up ballet at around the age of 20. If there's a community center program at a college near you, that might be your best bet. Just take it slow and easy with a few beginners' classes and you'll most likely have fun there. But if you prefer professional private classes, by all means look into that too. In a comparison to how I just took up violin lessons, you probably will have to learn basics at the same level as much smaller children, but most likely at your age, you'll excel faster than a developing child and still have fun. Like I said, go for it if it's really a passion or something you want to try out. ;)
I am a man. I BEGAN dancing ballet at age 21 (not professionally). I was in a pre-professional company. Most of the women were 13-18 years old. Some had been dancing since they were small children, but others started at your age or later. All loved it and had a truly wonderful time. There is no reason on earth for you not to go for it and enjoy every minute. As you said, the chance of you becoming a professional ballerina are tiny, but it isn't what you want. So go for it.
Of course you can still take ballet, you can do anything you want to do. It is never too late to do anything! I think spending time with your family is GREAT, so don't get too caught up in the ballet. You should definately Go for IT!! Just believe in yourself! Good Luck!
sure you can take it at any age
I took my first dance class EVER when i was 18. I'm not in it to dance professionally either, I dance because I love it. I definitely KNOW you can start now and have tons of fun doing it. :-)
i think that it's never too late to start dancing. you could start when your were 50 if you wanted to. just find a dance studio near you and ask a worker there about taking classes
Yes Dumb head.
Of course you can. If a 70 year old can go back to school and an 80 year old learn tap dance for the first time. Then you can without a doubt learn ballet. Your not even full grown yet...go for it, do it, and believe it!!!



Don't underestimate yourself!!!
You sure can. I wanted to dance on pointe, but was too busy with school, sports and life. I started at a private studio then later at a community college. I was 32 years old. Two years latter, I got my pointe shoes :-)



Older students have the advantage of being able to focus on the lesson. I would recommend taking classes two days a week, not just one.



Enjoy!!
u can do anything that u set ur mind 2.



it may take more time but its a good way to stay fit.
That would be humilating for u. I take it since 4 year old. I am sorry, Try hip hop.
i don't think that's 2 late u need 2 really really work if u want 2 b professional tho
ya of course u can

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter