Saturday, December 5, 2009

Should I excersize and do warm-ups before my first class of ballet?

I am a 10 year old girl who is about 4"9 and is 62 pounds should I lose weight and do excersizes for my first day of my ballet class? I think my thighs are a liitle to big, should I burn off some calories and make more muscle? Should I go running and maybe hit the yoga or pilates class with my mom? What should I do to prepare for my first day of ballet class? Where is the best place to take ballet in houston?



Should I excersize and do warm-ups before my first class of ballet?opera music



Ballet is a great way to exercise. So there isn't really a need to exercise before the class. And it is not nessasary to lose wieght. I have lost a lot of wieght sinse i started ballet. So you will lose plenty of wieght while you are in it. (not that you need to lose wieght anyway). Your teacher should stretch you out at the beginning of class. So you don't really need to prepare. And since you have never taken it before you will be in a beginner's class, which means you won't feel out of place because no one there will know what they are doing at first. And you will all learn together.



But if you really feel nessasary to prepare, so that you can get to the head of the class and have a small idea of what you are doing before your class starts i would work on the following simple things.



balance-on 1 foot, on your toes, etc.



pointing your toes



arching your back (like bridges and back bends, you won't be doing these in ballet, but having a good arch is a nessesity)



Should I excersize and do warm-ups before my first class of ballet?opera sheet music opera theater



honey you are just fine they will do warm ups in class and 62 lbs is light for a ten year old
No, you should not. Your ballet instructor will warm you up in the class, along with everyone else. The only thing you should do to prepare for your ballet class is to adjust your schedule accordingly so you can make sure that you still have time for homework during the school year.
As a ballet teacher I have to say that 62 lbs is light for a 10 year old. Ballet strenghtens your body and adds resistance where you won't need to workout. If anything you should eat a lot of protein so that you can build muscle WHILE you are in ballet. The training will burn off any fat and keep you toned on it's own.
You are okay, if you feel the need to want to work out to be stronger, than that is great, but you do not need to lose weight.
You should be fine at your current weight. Don't take up running as an exercise. It will build too much bulk in the legs. Your ballet teacher will teach you so that you only put on about an 8th of inch of muscle--you will look lean but healthy.
Pilates is an excellent supplement to ballet. You don't need to warm up before the class, that's what plies, tendues, etc. are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter