Thursday, December 10, 2009

I really want to do ballet?

I've cheered and done gymnastics since a kid...I'm 21 now..and I've always been told that I have the ideal body for a dancer. Well, I want to do ballet...but I just feel like I'll be dorky because I'm too old. I know a lot of ppl who start out as kids, dancing. So what do you think? Tips? Advice? Should I give it a try???? Or no? I'm leaning toward yes, because I think it'd be cool...but I wanted other ppl's opinions. Thanks!!!!!



I really want to do ballet?



You may be too old to become a pro, it will take years for you to learn all the things you would know by now if you had started as a child. I do think you should try, though. Ballet is beautiful and graceful. If you have a passion for it, then you are never too old to start. Now, GO DANCE!!!



I really want to do ballet?opera mobile opera theater



Go for it!



try to find a beginers class for ppol your age. Don't feel dorky, ballet is fun %26amp; great for all ages; No matter when you start.



I think you should totally do it.



have fun!
there are a lot of adult dance classes that offer ballet.



call different dance centers in your area, and you have some experience because of cheer and gymnastics so youll be fine!!
I think you should go to a local studio and ask to join a ballet class...I am a young dancer and in one of my ballet classes there is a older woman who just takes the class for exercise. However she used to be dancer so it's a bit of a different story. Some studios do have adult beginner ballet classes so go check it out.
I say just give it a go, if you dont tend to like and enjoy it, just stop. I think your a bit too old to become a professional ballet dancer, but if you already have good flexiblility and can catch on quick, you could be quite good. Like i said b4, just give it a go.
try it of course i dance ballet since im 6 but a friend of mine got in last year she is 17 and she is really good dont worry for the litle ones u鈥瞝l obiously get in a much higher level in short time u just need the feeling any feeling to dance just express it it gets out all ur worrys and if u dance with ur heart and u鈥瞝l b really good dont worry many people have been in ballet for about 20 years and theyr as good as peopl with 3 years in ballet u just need to feel it and the music so try it
as the lady at broadway dance in the movie center stage says "GO FOR IT!!!!"
Hm, well your never too old to start dancing.



But professionally? Probably not.



And yes, cheerleading and gymnastics will help you with being "fit" for dance, but as far as the fundamentals and technique. Im not sure, It looks alot easier than it is..you know? And cheering nor gymnastics will not help you "learn faster" because they are both nothing like ballet. Ballet is an art, not a sport.



Usually girls start at a very young age, are on pointe by usually 12 or so, and are nearly at a professional level by their late teens. I just know that we have older inexpirianced girls come into our class, only because they would simply be embarassed to join a beginner or intermediate class which is 4-10 year olds. You know? And not to be bitchy, but I honestly just laugh at them.
Yes I think you could definitly do ballet. You just have to work hard. I started out as a little kid (4) but I've known people who have started at thirty so you won't be dorky. I definitly think you should try it and if you really enjoy it maybe someday you'll be able to go pro. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter