Thursday, December 10, 2009

Anyone have their child in ballet?

I was curious as to what was a good age to get a child into ballet and also what it costs more of less. Thanks!



Anyone have their child in ballet?opera songs



I believe that this depends on what you want to get out of the ballet classes. You really don't want to start anyone younger than 3, or they won't get much out of it. 3 is a good age, regardless of your goals. The upper age limit is really more important if you plan for your child to dance seriously. She should start classes no later than age 5 at a professional ballet school if this is the case. The dance school is really important, also depending on your goals. There are many dance schools that are geared towards having fun, developing coordination, etc. If you plan for your child to have professional training, you want to do a lot of research into the ballet school first.



As far as cost goes, this varies significantly depending on school and part of the world. Most schools have a monthly tuition based on the number of classes attended (i.e. 1 time per week for a little one). It gets super expensive if she becomes serious about it and is taking 8-10 classes a week (high school age ususally). Sorry I can't give you more of a ballpark -- it varies so much.



I also thought I'd mention that I wish I had more training in other areas of dance instead of concentrating 100% of my time on ballet -- especially since my career is not in dance. I would love to be good at other types too. I will definitely put my daughter in all types so she can choose what she likes (if any!)



Anyone have their child in ballet?secure browser opera theater



I was three when I started. Though, I didn't technically start in ballet. It was a pre-ballet/dance movement prep course for the level one class. But I was three.



I have no idea how much it costs anymore. The company I'm going to go back to is fairly expensive by my standards(about $150 a month for two classes I think)
I was around 8 when I started, but you can start them as early as 3. I would suggest that if your child is younger than first grade then put them in just a dance class. It will give the the boost they need for ballet, plus ballet can be hard on the body. The prices vary on where you go, if its a professional dance studio with competitions then it will be a lot. If I remember right it was around $100+ (the cheapest) a month plus outfits and fees for competitions. Check around in your area and churches, most of them will have a free dance class for younger kids.



Also, as a FYI, make sure that their feet have stopped growing before you put them in pointe class, it can stunt their growth and sericously damage their feet for life!



Hope that helps!
i was 5 when i started and im still doing it going into high school. as she gets older its helpful to keep the ballet and maby add a few other classes because dance/ drill team don't just use one type of dance but they use all kinds. also as they get older they can get into point which is a higher ballet . its the kind that goes up on your toes. i started that in 3rd grade

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter