Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm 16 and is dancing ballet. I want to try out gymnastics, but not professionally. Am I too ol

I've danced ballet ever since I was three, but now (at 16), I'm thinking of trying out gymnastics. I REALLY WANT TO. I mean, not professionally or anything. I just want to know how to do walkovers, tucks, and flips. Am I too old? And what are the disadvantages I may have?



I'm 16 and is dancing ballet. I want to try out gymnastics, but not professionally. Am I too old?shows



You are not too old. It sounds like with what you want to do, you should take tumbling. Tumbling is just floor, and none of the other events. But, if you do full gymnastics, there are many advantages. Floor will help you with tucks, flips, and all that jazz. Beam really helps with balance (which you probably already have since you've been doing ballet for so long.) Bars will really help with arm and ab strength. And vault will help with agility, leg strength, arm strength, ab strength.



Gymnastics will give you overall strength, agility, endurance, technique on tricks, and balance. It is really good for dancers who want to improve .



I'm 16 and is dancing ballet. I want to try out gymnastics, but not professionally. Am I too old?comedy show opera theater



If your not trying to do it professionally age wont matter.



Ballet experience should help because it teaches you discipline, precision, and some flexibility.
i think that sounds like fun........i think that you will be strong and have good balance from the ballet
because you've been dancing so long i sugest if you started gymnastics you would only have a lesson or two a week.



it can confuse you and you may get mixed up with your ballet.



for example: when you have your arms in fifth, in gym oyu haave to have them as straight as possible and in a v line



in gym you don't point your toes as much.



i would also be careful when trying to do walkovers, tucks and flips that you do not hurt your self.



by your age you'll most likely be en pointe and you don't want to put a strain on your feet.



i would take lessons but regularly remind your coach that you are not doing it competetively and if it gets too much for you and your body then stop gym.
Your never to old to just learn. The only real disadvantage is that its hard to find classes.
if its the specific tumbling youre into, see if your studio offers an acro class! i was a gymnast before i danced, and the two activities really play off eachother well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter